I am sure many of you have heard the statement “pray until something happens” or P.U.S.H. But sometimes it may seem hard especially when you are in a difficult situation that may seem impossible. Many times you find that the prayer is unanswered and you become tired of praying about it. I realize in my journey of life that prayer changes things when you take your eye off of yourself. Some may resort in just giving up or pray in frustration.
Colossians 4:2 “Devote yourself to prayer being watchful and thankful”
I have some strategies that will help you to get through your situation and get results to your prayers.
1. Thank God for things He has done and will do
2. Confess your sins to God because He is faithful to forgive
3. Pray for others because many individuals may need your prayers
4. Pray the word of God because it is His promise of truth
5. Take your eye off the situation and on the one who makes all things possible
Your situation may be not as difficult as it may seem when you realize who God is in your life and I understand this because God is a part of my everyday life.
by Rev. Dean Richards