As we all know there are many aspects of communicating such as body language, sign language and our speech. Our words are very important when communicating with others throughout our day. But many do not know how important using the correct words are in progressing in life to reach their maximum purpose.
I always thought that by being an observer and not speaking my dreams, wants, and desires would get me through life. As I got older I realized that my speech was important for progression. When I began to speak the things that I wanted to accomplished and put it into action it became a reality with God’s help.
Moses in the bible also thought that he could not become a leader because of His speech but he eventually led a nation out of slavery. Exodus 4:10-11 “Then Moses said to the LORD, “Please, Lord…for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” The LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Is it not I, the LORD?
Here are some life strategies for effective communication for maximum purpose.
- Your speech has power and substance
- Your words will take you as far as you let it
- Communicate to yourself who you are in Jesus Christ
- Speak the things you want to accomplish with action because “Faith without works is dead” (James 2:17)
- Your words wait for the right time to put things into action. Wait for it.
I encourage you as you speak to think about how your words can impact not only you but your surroundings.
by Rev. Dean Richards